Sunday, September 1, 2019

Book Week Celebration

Owairaka Book Week was a great success. Thank you to our wonderful Library Team who organised such a great week for us.

Room 12 Writers:

Today it was Book Day. Book day is a day where you dress up as a book character. I dressed up as Hermione Granger. We had a Big Parade to show our costumes. Rooms 25 and 5 did an assembly. This week there was Stop, Drop and Read. We did Wally search and made Book Marks in the Library. We all had fun watching the parade and we all loved Book Week. Nora 

Today we had Book Week assembly. We had to dress up because if we didn't dress up we wouldn't look good on stage. Rooms 5 and 25 were doing the assembly. It went from 9:15 to 10:15. Rimu team teachers dressed up as 'The Hungry Caterpillar'. I dressed up as the 'Wild Thing'. My favourite character was the 'Cat in the Hat'. It was fun. Oscar

This morning the whole school went to the hall for Book day parade.  I dressed up as Harry Potter.  I saw my friend with a dog. My favourite book character was me. Huw

Buddy Reading with Room 8, A group of Room 12 students presented a play from their Journal to Room 8 students.



Images of Stop, Drop and Read



 Where's Wally?

We loved looking for photos of Wally that were hidden around the Library.

On Friday we got to dress up as our favourite Book Character.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic Book Week Room 12 - ka pai!

    ReplyDelete